Wednesday, December 15, 2010

First Annual Rogan Scriver Christmas letter

As I watch Mom and Dad pull Christmas cards out of the mail box every day I decide that it's time for me to write my own Christmas letter....

Most people give an account as to what has happened in the last year, but I have a problem there. The first nine months of my existence were pretty boring (think jostling around in a dark, water-filled balloon... Sorry if that was too much information.) So I am going to focus on the last 5 1/2 months of my life. I will try to keep it to just the exciting parts.


So I guess I better start with my birth. In my short time here on this earth I guess that is probably the most monumental. After mom started feeling contractions in the middle of the night (and getting up and showering and cleaning the whole house at 3am... not to leave for the hospital until 1am the next day....) I made my arrival into the world at 10:02 on July 11, 2010. My first thought: "Holy Crap- It's cold out here."

On July 18, I was made a child of God in front of my parents, my God parents- Karissa Kramer and Heather and Paul Huebner, and many other family members. It was super hot in that church but the cool water felt wonderful on my head, and my soul rejoiced at the fact that I would go to heaven some day.

Since then I have done some traveling to Wisconsin Dells with the Scriver family and to Minnesota to see the Kramer side. Everyone always comments on how big I am, but I think I am just nice and rotund. I enjoy eating, what can I say?

I poked my first two teeth through on the way to MN for Thanksgiving. Now I can chomp anyone's fingers when they come near, and also I can gnaw on my feet which always find their way up to my mouth.... I have begun to eat formula from a bottle (BUT I did throw some pretty good fits when Mom gave it to me the first couple times) and I eat rice cereal for one meal a day. I don't really like the taste at all-- I can't wait until I can eat some pizza or chocolate cake. THEN we will see how chubby I get.

When I went to the Doctor for my 4 month check up they said that everything was good. I weighed in at 19 lbs and 2 oz. I am 27 inches tall. Yup, I'm a big boy!

Mommy, Daddy, Jayvee and I have a pretty busy Christmas vacation planned. We have SEVEN Christmas gatherings to go to (including the one that Mom has planned for just me, her and Daddy) We will be BUSY!!! I am mostly looking forward to Dad not having to go to school everyday. He always makes me laugh so much and I love to hang out with him!... I am also really looking forward to seeing those of you who I haven't seen more than once or twice. I bet you won't even hardly recognize me! But you can find me in a crowd-- I am the one with the big cheesey smile!

Ok time to stop writing this letter. I will see most of you soon. I can't wait to celebrate the birth of a baby who is even more important than me. May Jesus' birth fill you with joy as we begin a new year!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Rogan,

    You are sure a great writer! Nicely done!

    Grandpa loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil & Danielle
    You have the CUTEST baby ever!!! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Hope you all are well! :)
    Angie Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again - check us out:
    http://yadontknowschmidt.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete