Monday, October 10, 2011

Time to write a blog!!!






Hey everyone!

It’s been waaaaaaaaay too long! I have been so busy walking, running, jumping, and talking that I totally forgot to write my blog! So here’s an update on my life lately.

On July 11 I turned one. About a week before that we had a small birthday party at my house with some family and a few friends. I got to blow out one candle on my chocolate cupcake and then I ate almost the whole thing! It tasted so good, but I got pretty messy! Then I opened presents and played with everyone there. It was a fun day! … On my actual birthday Mom and Dad had a present for me to open. I got a bible and I love it. I read it every night with Daddy. It has great pics. Then the three of us went to the Milwaukee Zoo. IT WAS SO FUN! I really loved looking at the animals, but I didn’t understand that when we left one exhibit that we were going to another one because I would cry as we left each animal. My favorite animal was the giraffe, but also the penguins. After we looked at the animals I got to ride the train and that was the best part of the day!  Overall I had a great first birthday.

My family at the zoo!












Now that I am ONE YEAR OLD I am such a big boy. I now walk (really fast!!!) all over the place. I love to explore.  I also try really hard to jump and dance. … I also got 4 new teeth in August so now I have 12.(And Mom thinks that my eye teeth are coming in too because my gums are swollen and I drool a lot. Whoops!)  I love eating all the food that Mom and Dad have. I don’t even drink a bottle anymore! I feel so grown up. I also say so many different words. I can tell ya what about 12 animals say and where many of my body parts are. I also can tell Mom and Dad when I want help or am done eating. I can’t even list all the words I say or this would be too long! (I CLEARLY know as many words as an adult as you can see by my writing, but I just don’t know how to say them out loud yet:))

Daddy started school at the end of August, so I miss him a lot during the day. Many times when I hear a noise outside the house I run to the door and shout “DA DA” but sometimes it’s not him. When he does come home in the afternoon I am so happy. Playing with him at night is my favorite. Mom and I also have a good time during the day. We like it when it’s nice outside so we can play. I also really like to read my books and put together puzzles with her. .. This week my mom is going to start watching a 2 month old baby. I am excited to share my toys (and time with mom) with her.:) Then at the beginning of November Mom will start watching another little baby. I can’t wait to help her with the little kids since I will be the big boy now!

Probably the most exciting news in our family, though, is that I am going to be a big brother! I am so excited! I am going to be the best big brother ever, Mom says. She also told me that she and Daddy are going to the doctor on October 27th to find out if I will have a sister or brother. Then Mom will have the baby sometime around March 2, at least that’s what she thinks! (I wanted to come out 5 days early so I hope my sibling does too!)

So to sum it all up--- I had a great summer and fall so far. I have gotten to see a lot of friends and extended family in the last couple months and I am growing like crazy. Next time I see most of you will probably be Thanksgiving or Christmas but I will try to write on here again before then. By then I will be able to say so many words that we can probably have a pretty in depth conversation!

I put some more pictures right below this post too, so you can see what else I have been doing, :)

2 comments:

  1. Rogan, you are such a BIG boy!!! Grandpa & Grandma love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Sounds like so much fun in the Scriver household :)

    ReplyDelete