Since it is the middle of January I guess it's time to tell everyone about what I did over the holidays.
It was a busy time with lots of things to do and people to see.
Daddy started his vacation from school on Thursday, December 22 at lunch time. When he came home, I was so happy to see him! What a treat in the middle of the day! That afternoon we got to have some friends over to our house: Katie, Joe, and Lena(my girlfriend) Greefkes, Heidi, Joel, and Lila Fischer, and Becky Hering. It was fun to play with them all and eat such great food.... I think that the mommies liked it the best tho!
The next day Mom, Dad, Jayvee, and I went down to Kansasville to celebrate Christmas with Daddy's family. Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Paul, and Aunt Heather, Uncle Bryan, Aunt Emily, and her bf Trent were all there. We ate lots of food again and opened a lot of presents. I had fun playing with everyone and got many nice gifts. I think my favorite is a puzzle that spells my name. In the last month I have been working on learning all the letters and can name R-O-G-A- and N. (I also know a few other letters and love to tell Mom and Dad when I see one)
The next day was Christmas Eve. Daddy's family came over for pizza before we all went to the children's Christmas Eve service at St. Philips (where Daddy teaches) I was a really good boy during church and I looked great in my studly outfit.
Christmas day I spent at home with Mommy and Daddy. We were so thankful for the time that we could spend together. I got to open my presents from Mom and Dad. My favorite things are my new bible that I read before bed every night and also my new sled. (Daddy and I have used it several times in the last week since we FINALLY have some snow here. I love it and cry when it's time to come inside) I also gave Mom and Dad a couple presents from me. They loved them of course.
On Tues, Dec. 27 we went to LaCrosse to have some Christmas time with some of Daddy's extended family. I did a great job (if I do say so myself!) of being a good boy. We ate good food, opened more presents, and hung out with my Great Grandpa, Great Uncles and Aunts (and their familes) and also Gma and Gpa and my Aunts and Uncles again.
The next morning we headed the rest of the way to Sleepy Eye, MN. I am not sure why, but Mommy kept saying something about it being God's country :)....The next couple days we mostly hung out, but on that Thursday we celebrated Christmas again. Grandma and Grandpa Kramer were there, and also Aunt Karissa, Aunt Trisha and her bf, Blake. We had an ugly sweater contest that day (everyone won because everyone was ugly!!) and opened presents. I got lots of nice things again but a couple favorites were a John Deere tractor and also a turtle that lights up moons and stars on my ceiling.
That weekend my Great Grandma Wylie, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Kramer came over for a little while. I got my hair cut this time and look like such a big boy!
On Sunday we headed back to Wisconsin. I was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but it was good to be home. It's tiring playing with everyone so much in one week!!!
Well, I guess that's about all that happened over the Christmas holiday. Since then my family and I are getting ready for my little brother to be born. Mom and Dad have moved around some furniture and have gotten out a lot of TINY clothes. I am already trying to be a good brother by hugging and kissing Mommy's tummy from time to time.
Ok well I better wrap this up here. Writing so much has made me hungry! Ok- so everything makes me hungry. I love snacks! Hopefully I will write again soon!
Rogan Phillip Scriver
P.S. I was going to post some pictures throughout my writing, but since it's easier I am just going to add them here at the end. Enjoy!
 |
| Katie & Lena, Heidi & Lila, Mommy & me |
 |
| Joel, Joe, Daddy and their babies |
 |
| Lena and I hanging out |
 |
| Handing out presents at Grandpa and Grandma's house |
 |
| Opening presents |
 |
| Playing with Uncle Bryan and his hamster |
 |
| Me with Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas Eve |
 |
| Ready for the Christmas Eve Service |
 |
| My family :) |
 |
| Me and Daddy on Christmas Day |
 |
| Helping Mommy open her present from me |
 |
| Getting my hair cut by Great Grandma Kramer |
 |
| Me and Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| Aunt Karissa and I and our ugly sweaters |
 |
| Playing with my new tractor |
 |
| We all had ugly sweaters!! |
 |
| Me on my new sled!!! |
 |
| I LOVE to be outside! |
Rogan, I miss you!!!!! And love you, of course!
ReplyDeleteRogan, you might not know who i am, but i am your father and mother's good friend when they were in China.I miss you guys sooooo much. i couldn't see your blog before and i didn't know why. but i resolved this problems just now, so i can read them every time you update them.I'm Nancy in RQ. How cute you are and i can't wait to hug you now.i can tell you have a happy life and awesome family. talk to you later. say hello to you Parents, ok?thank you!
ReplyDelete