I pretty much think that being an older brother is the best. When Gramma and Aunt Trish came to stay with me when Mom and Dad went to the hospital I didn't know what was going on. I was a little upset when they left, but I think Mommy was sadder than I was!
Mommy told me the story about what happened when my little brother, Weston Kurk, was born: It was February 29 (Leap Day!) and Mom thought the baby was coming soon. Her doctor told her at 11:30 in the morning that it was going to be awhile so they were going to start an induction at 2 pm. Mom and Dad went to the hospital then but Weston was eager to come out, it turns out! He was born at 3:29 pm, only 50 minutes after Mommy got in the room! I am so proud of my mom because she didn't have any of the medication she wanted and also Weston got stuck for a little bit. But with Daddy and Aunt Trisha's help she made it!
Here are a couple pictures of Weston soon after he was born:
A couple hours later I got to go to the hospital and meet my little brother and see Mom and Dad. I was so excited!!! I even brought Mommy some flowers because I love her.
I loved my brother at first sight! I found his nose right away!!!
Grandma Kramer, Aunt Trisha, Grandma and Grandpa Scriver, Uncle Bryan, and Aunt Heather all came to see Weston at the hospital that night. The next day our good friends, Neil and Becky (and their son, Caleb) came too. Wes is a popular guy, just like me!!!
Mom, Dad, and Weston came home from the hospital a couple days later. I met them at the door. I was so excited they were home!
Our next few days were super busy! Grandpa Kramer and Aunt Karissa came to stay for a couple days to meet Weston and also be a part of his baptism.
Seeing Wes get baptized was so cool! I got to go in the front with Mom, Dad, and Weston's godparents, Bryan and Trisha. Then pastor put water on my brother's head. That was my favorite part! Every time we have gone to church since that day I say "waaaaaaater" and look for the baptismal font. I wish I coulda splashed around in there!
Since then we have been doing great at the Scriver house. Mom is getting used to taking care of three boys instead of two and I am great at helping her with Weston. I get diapers for her and help pat Weston's back after he eats. I am also doing much better about being a good boy when I want Mommy's attention. At first I was kinda naughty, but now I use nice words and actions to get what I want.
Alright, well I am going to get off of here and get to bed. It's waaaaaaay past my bedtime. I have to get in my crib so that I can sing the "Elmo's World" song and say "MommyDaddy, Daddydoodle, Jayvee" and other stuff like that. (Yes, I say Jayvee's name right now!! It's exciting!)
Here's a few more pics for you to enjoy!
Love all of you and miss you too!!!
ReplyDelete